Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ready to get my baby back

After a fun, family-filled Christmas, Benjamin and I both got sick. Yuck. I was hit hard - the achy, feeling bad all over with a stuffy nose, sore throat, cough and headache kinda sick....Ben, unfortunately, followed a day or two after with the same symptoms. Now, 7 days later (I celebrated New Year's by going to bed by 10 pm and waking up every hour or so with a crying, sick baby) I am beginning to feel better, even normal (with a small cough and slightly stuffy nose). Benjamin is also doing better, although he has become very clingy and a has been napping much less. We have both been to the doctor, pronounced not contagious, and were told we would probably get better in a few days. I am ready for my baby back...the happy, bouncing, smiling, giggling baby I was talking/bragging about just a few weeks ago. I caught glimpses of him today...maybe tomorrow he will stay! It sounds crazy, but I am ready to begin battling him again about his table etiquette (or lack thereof)....Maybe tomorrow he will start launching his breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner (along with his milk and water sippy cups) off his highchair tray again...and then I will definitely know my sweet baby boy is back!

1 comment:

  1. Man! Can I relate! It stinks when our little bits get out of their habits. No doubt he'll be back to his charming self in no time ( I hope). Call me when you guys are feeling better, we'll do lunch!

    ReplyDelete