Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's a Boy!

Benjamin just recently discovered his obsession with balloons...being a first time mom and all, I am not sure if this is normal or not. Anyway, my mom bought Virginia a mylar Saints balloon last weekend, and Benjamin immediately claimed it as his own. He played with that balloon for hours - and anyone who tried to take it...well, let's just say even Virginia was a little scared to snatch it (her own balloon) away.
Today I am in the check out line at Wal-Mart (ugh!), and Benjamin starts fussing. Since it has been an upbeat trip (Ben singing, kicking his legs, bobbing his head to silent music), I try to figure out what is wrong. Do you want water? No. A cracker? No. Pacifier (almost always a winner)? No. Hmmm...I think for a second, then my eyes travel to where he is looking. It is a balloon attached to the register. I scan the other registers - no balloons. Of course it is the one I picked!
So, I guess I could have let him fuss until we left (it was a long line), but I didn't. I walked to the cashier and asked her if I could buy that balloon hanging over her head. She said, "I think it is just a display". Ben MUST have understood, because he started fussing even louder. The cashier smiled and said, "I have grandkids his age", and cut down the balloon and handed it to Benjamin. The lady behind us in line cheered (cause' she was happy for Ben or because he stopped fussing?).

PS - Thanks Nana for the Halloween PJ's...isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment