Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras 2011

This past weekend and week has been a blur. We have a wonderful first Mardi Gras as New Orleans residents! Seth had a training in Gulf Shores last week, so on his way home, he stopped by to spend Thursday night with us. We dressed up and went to the Muses parade uptown, and afterwards I went to the Muses Ball with Emily and some friends. Ben waiting on Daddy to come, purple hair!
Family shot before we headed to Muses
Me and Em at the ball - we had sooo much fun!
Seth had to work Mardi Gras weekend, so I was on my own...My Uncle Mark was invited to ride in Endymion, so he and my Aunt Duby stayed at our house Mardi Gras weekend. On Sunday I loaded up the kids with my mom (and Aunt Duby) and met Emily uptown for more parades.
Me and my two babies
Me, Ben and Virginia ready for the floats
On Sunday night, Leigh Erin and Ella arrived...Ben was so happy! We went to the IMAX Theatre and rode the trolley on Monday while Mom watched Mary Elizabeth. On Tuesday morning we headed uptown again for more parades! It was Ella's first time, and she was in heaven!
Ella and Ben on the trolley
Driving the trolley with Mr. Bryan
Virginia and Ben on Mardi Gras
Ella and Ben ready to go

Ben and Ella dancing under the umbrella...too cute!
All in all, we had a great Mardi Gras week! Thanks to all our visitors - we enjoyed your company and a BIG thanks to Nana for watching my baby girl so I could spend some quality time with Ben.

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I want to book my room at the Washington B&B now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Supermom!! We did one parade this year... at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete