Friday, January 7, 2011

Moving Party...and a surprise

We are getting closer and closer to Mary Elizabeth's arrival AND our move to New Orleans...because I am getting so large, it has been getting tougher and tougher for me to pack without help. My friends offered to help, so I scheduled a "Moving Party". I was very excited, not only to spend some time with my girlfriends, but to finally "knock out" packing the kitchen (the high cabinets and heavy serving platters have been taunting me for weeks!). I ordered pizza and picked up a King Cake and waited for the girls to show up. My friend, Tanya, called me twice during the day asking to let her take care of the food...Of course, I insisted would at least feed everyone who was coming to help! Never once did I think they had other plans! Long story short, and a beautiful cake, balloons, TONS of food, and lots of sweet pink baby stuff later, we were celebrating Mary Elizabeth and packing lots of boxes!Surprise!!
yummy
pink and more pink!!

Thank you to my wonderful friends who made me feel very special Wednesday night! I love you girls, and I will miss you TONS!! Please, please visit us in the Big Easy!

And...because today the TIGERS are playing football, Benjamin and I are both ready to celebrate!!
We're #1!!!

GEAUX TIGERS GEAUX!!!

One more quick, and heartbreakingly sweet note: Ben knows his Daddy is coming home today, and all day he has been asking for him. I have been trying to get things in order, which requires Benjamin to play by himself (a newer concept to him, but one we are working hard on)...and after a few minutes of him moping around me, asking me to "race", play trains, read books, etc...he stopped, looked at me and said, "Daddy play with me when he comes home!" and he stormed off to his room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment