Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kaylyn's Getting Married!!!


This weekend I went to NO with Benjamin for Kaylyn's bachelorette party. I had such a great time, but I am very tired now. Friday I went to BR to have lunch with Scotty and visited with Angela before we got back on the road towards NO. Friday night I met everyone (the poker gang plus Kaylyn's sister, cousin, and a few of her sorority sisters) at "Pole Perfect Fitness" for an excited (and interesting toward the end) workout. Then it was back to the hotel (The Monteleone) to get ready for dinner. Dinner was very yummy (Crescent City Brewhouse), and I went back to Emily's afterwards to see my little baby boy. The next day we (me, Emily, Mom and Virginia) went to Orient Expressed for a disappointing sale (but the snowballs were GREAT!). We spent the rest of the day playing with the kids and shopping on Magazine. Saturday night was a surprise lingerie shower for Kaylyn at the hotel (all I am going to say is, "Wal-Mart, really?") and then to Dickie Brennan's for dinner. Then it was off to Bourbon...we lost two girls at the first bar (long story), then a few more at the third. I made it to Cat's Meow where we had a ton of fun dancing, singing and sweating (it was HOT!). I left with 3 other girls and left the rest of the partying up to a fearless few (Kaylyn, Kristin, Ashley, Stacy, and Andrea).



Today, Emily and I drove from NO to Lake Chuck with the three babies in the back (yes, I managed to fit 3 carseats and ALL the baby equipment into the back of my SUV!)...whew! We were off to a good start, but by the time we got to the spillway we had minor breakdowns from all three babies. We managed the organized chaos (as Emily calls it) until Henderson where we stopped off to feed the babies and get a rest from the car. Things were looking up (maybe it was the Icee, Junior Mints and M&M's) for a while until all hell broke loose. Virginia was extremely upset about something, Benjamin started to cry hysterically b/c Virginia woke him up and her crying and screaming scared him, and so it went until we got to LC...Little Baby Owen won the "best behaved baby award" for the trip and slept through the whole 15 minute episode.

All in all it was a great weekend...I really enjoyed spending time with my friends in NO, and I am looking forward to spending the week with Em, Virginia and Baby Owen. Wish me luck!!

Pictures of the bachelorette party to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment