Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Lion King

This past Friday night Benjamin and I got to see Disney's The Lion King at the Mahalia Jackson Theater. The show started late (8 pm), so I was hoping and praying that we would make it. We went with Leigh Erin and Ella, and we all enjoyed the musical! I saw The Lion King on Broadway in New York before Benjamin was born, and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen (and heard!). I wasn't sure if Ben would share my love of Broadway...but the second the giraffes started walking on the stage (with Rafiki singing in the background), he was also in love! He sat on his knees to see (later moved to my lap) and started pointing to all the animals. I think I enjoyed watching his delight as much as the actual show!Ben and Ella ready for the show! No, they did not stand on that big pillar (next to a large and deep body of water) by themselves...I was behind them touching each of theirs backs just in case
Me and Ben enjoying The Lion King
The next morning, in our Simba shirt!

1 comment: